The bhi ‘Noise Away’ Amplified Noise Elimination Module is a compact, easy to use, stylish in-line solution to noise and interference problems in voice/radio communications. Using unique fully adaptive DSP noise cancellation technology, unwanted noise and interference is removed to leave clear speech with virtually no distortion of the voice signal.
The ANEM simply fits in-line between the communications equipment and the loudspeaker. It is suitable for a variety of applications but is particularly useful for improving voice quality in radio communications, removing unwanted noise and interference to give much improved speech intelligibility across all bands (SSB, UHF, VHF, HF, AM and FM).
The ANEM sits nicely within bhi’s range of DSP noise cancellation products and is suited to those customers who prefer simple controls and operation. It also offers a solution for those customers who do want to modify their existing extension speaker or radio to fit the NEDSP1062-KBD amplified DSP PCB module inside.
The ANEM is easy to set up and its functions are microprocessor controlled, enabling simple operation via two pushbuttons: power on/off audio bypass and DSP filter on/off. 4 or 8 levels of noise cancellation are selectable via the pushbuttons on power up, the last selected filter level remaining in the memory when the unit is switched off. The ANEM comes boxed with a Fused DC power lead (2.1mm) and a 3.5mm mono plug lead 1.2m long, plus full operating instructions. Audio adapters are available to suit different connections, and Velcro strips are provided for mounting the module in a suitable position on your extension speaker or radio equipment.
- Compact, Stylish, easy to use in-line module.
- Simple microprocessor controlled functions.
- Noise reduction 9 – 35dB.
- Tone reduction 4 – 65 dB.
- Power supply 12 – 18 V DC.
- Input signal > 50mV.
- Output load 2.5W 8ohms.
- Current consumption 300mA.
- Audio bandwidth 50 – 4.3KHz.
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 100 x 61 x 41.5mm.
- 4 or 8 filter levels (selectable via push buttons).
- Visual and audio indication of filter level.
- Power on/off Audio bypass Switch.
- Velcro strips for chassis mounting.
- Standard 3.5mm mono audio connections.
Click here for ANEM's specifications in PDF format (724kB)