The technical properties and advantages of IF DSP found in our leading base station modes now offers its superior advantages on mobile HF, 50MHz, 144MHz and 430/440MHz bands.
IF DSP — First in its class
Digital IF filter, manual notch filter, digital twin PBT and more. The latest digital features are incorporated in this compact radio from two DSP chips that deliver superior processing performance. Of course, those features work on all ham bands, from HF to the 70cm band.
AGC loop performance controlled by DSP
You will never experience AGC pumping from a signal filtered out by the DSP system. The digital IF filter and manual notch filter are inside the AGC loop, so you will not encounter AGC blocking. The AGC time constants are flexibly adjustable from slow, middle, fast (or AGC-off) for each operating mode.
Digital IF filters
All the filters you want at your fingertips! You will never have to purchase “Optional” filters as the IC-7000 has adjustable digital filters. You just dial in the width you want and select whether you want a sharp or soft filter shape for SSB and CW modes. Then to pull-in the the weak ones, with a quick turn of the concentric twin PBT knobs, you can either narrow the IF passband, or shift the entire passband to eliminate the QRM.
2-point MNF (Manual notch filter)
Pull out the weak signals in crowded band conditions with Icom¢s NEW two-point MNF (manual notch filter). Apply 70 dB of rejection to two signals at once! Notch width is adjustable – wide, medium, and narrow – and an auto-tuning notch filter is available, too.
Digital noise reduction
Noise reduction reduces background noise and improves signal-to-noise ratio. The noise reduction level is adjustable in 16 steps. It improves the readability of voice and data signals.
Digital noise blanker
The noise blanker reduces pulse-type noise such as engine ignition and sparking. The NB level and width (blanking duration) are adjustable in 100 steps.
35W output in 70cm band
High power MOS-FET amps supply 35W output power on 430/440MHz band as well as 100W on HF/50MHz bands and 50W on 144MHz. It provides stable, high quality output with low IMD and low spurious emissions even during high duty cycle and extended operation.
High stability crystal unit
The IC-7000 incorporates a high-stability master oscillator, providing 0.5ppm (–0°C to +50°C). A must for data mode operation.
Compact, all in one package
The IC-7000 sheds 20mm (25/32 in) of depth compared with the IC-706MKIIG. It¢s compact body is easy for carrying outdoors or mobile operation.
User-friendly key allocation
Eight of the most-used radio functions such as NB, NR, MNF, and ANF are controlled by dedicated function keys grouped around the display for easy visibility. One quick touch turns the function on and off. A longer touch activates adjustment of the function¢s setting.
Digital voice recorder (DVR)
Record your callsign, CQ, or other information in 4 transmit playback memories with alphanumeric labels. A total of 90 seconds is available for the four memories. A front panel REC control allows you to record incoming signals for up to 25 minutes (99 channels)*. The DVR makes portable contesting or mini-expeditions a breeze!
* Up to 120 seconds per channel
Built-in RTTY demodulator
The RTTY demodulator and decoder are built-in. External units and PC are no longer required for decoding. The twin peak audio filter reduces interfering signals overlapping the tones and the tuning indicator helps you zero-in with accurate tuning.
Remote control microphone, HM-151
The HM-151 has a 10-keypad for quick channel selection. The triple band tacking register memorizes the last three frequencies and modes used on each band. Push the band button once to three times to recall the channel setting. The F-1 and F-2 buttons are programmable as shortcut menus of your often used functions.
2.5 inch color TFT display
The 2.5 inch color TFT display presents numbers and indicators in bright, concentrated colors for easy recognition. You can choose from 3 background colors and 2 font styles to suit your preference, in addition to a large operating frequency readout. And more, the Video output jack on the rear panel allows you to view a magnified display on an external monitor*.
* 3.5(d) mm monaural cable is required for connection.
SSB transmit bandwidth adjustable
The SSB transmit bandwidth is selectable from 100, 200, 300, 500Hz at the high-pass edge, and 2500, 2700, 2800, 2900Hz at the low-pass edge respectively. 3 types of high and low combinations can be set in the quick set mode.
2-mode band scope
The band scope function lets you watch conditions around the band and visually assists in finding other stations. In center mode the band scope range is centered on the receiving frequency (±10kHz to ±250kHz). In Fixed mode the band scope sweeps a fixed range.
Multi function meter and SWR graphic display
The IC-7000 displays power level, SWR, ALC and compression level of the speech compressor. The SWR graphic display is useful for tuning antennas. The measuring step is selectable from 10/50/100/500kHz steps and the number of measuring steps is adjustable from 3 to 13 steps.
Other outstanding features
- Front panel separation with optional 3.5m/5m separation cable
- Selectable main dial tension from heavy, light and click
- RF speech compressor controlled by the DSP
- CW full break-in
- CW receive reverse
- CW pitch adjustable
- Tone squelch in FM mode
- 503 memory channels
- Built-in voice synthesizer announces operating frequency, mode and signal strength
- Duplex mode and automatic repeater function
- Transmit monitor
- DTMF monitor
- 1Hz tuning
- CI-V interface
- RF/SQL knob
- Large speaker
- Auto TS function
- Thermo control silent cooling fan
- Noise squelch and S-meter squelch
- Dial lock
- 20dB attenuator
- 1.800– 1.999MHz.
- 3.500– 3.999MHz.
- 5.3305, 5.3465, 5.3665, 5.3715, 5.4035MHz (USB only).
- 7.000– 7.300MHz.
- Mode: USB, LSB, CW, RTTY, AM, FM, WFM (Rx only).
- No. of memory channels: 503 (495 regular, 6 scan edges and 2 call).
- Antenna connector: SO-239×2 (for HF/50 MHz and 144/43/440MHz bands; 50Ù).
- Temperature Range: -10°C to +60°C; +14°F to +140°F.
- Frequency stability: Less than ±0.5 ppm (+0°C to +50°C; +32°F to +122°F).
- Power supply requirement: 13.8V DC ±15%.
- Dimensions (W×H×D) (projections not included): 167(W)×58(H)×180(D) mm
- Weight (approx.): 2.3kg.
- Modulation system:
- SSB: Digital P.S.N. modulation.
- AM: Digital low power modulation.
- FM: Digital phase modulation.
- Output power:
- HF/50MHz: 2–100W (SSB/CW/RTTY/FM), 1–40W (AM).
- 144MHz: 2–50W (SSB/CW/RTTY/FM), 2–20W (AM).
- 440MHz: 2–35W (SSB/CW/RTTY/FM), 2–14W (AM).
- Spurious emissions: Less than -50dB (HF bands), Less than -60dB (other bands).
- Carrier suppression: More than 50dB.
- Unwanted sideband suppression: More than 50dB.
- Microphone connector: 8-pin modular jack (600Ù).
- Intermediate frequencies SSB, CW, RTTY, AM, FM, WFM: 124.487MHz, 455kHz, 16.15kHz, 134.732MHz, 10.70MHz.
- Sensitivity (Pre-amp: ON):
- 0.5-1.8MHz: 4.0µV (AM).
- 1.8-29.9MHz: 0.15µV (SSB/CW), 2.0µV (AM), 0.5µV (28-29.7) (FM).
- 50-54MHz: 0.12µV (SSB/CW), 1.0µV (AM), 0.25µV (FM), 10.0µV (76-108MHz) (WFM).
- 144/440MHz: 0.11µV (SSB/CW), 1.0µV (AM), 0.18µV (FM), 10.0µV (76-108MHz) (WFM).
- SSB/CW, AM : 10dB S/N, FM, WFM : 12dB SINAD.
- Squelch sensitivity (Pre-amp: ON, threshold):
- SSB: Less than 5.6µV.
- FM: Less than 0.3µV.
- SSB: More than 2.4kHz/–6dB.
- (BW: 2.4kHz, sharp): Less than 3.9kHz/–60dB.
- CW: More than 500Hz/–6dB.
- (BW: 500Hz, sharp): Less than 900Hz/–60dB.
- RTTY: More than 360Hz/–6dB.
- (BW: 350Hz): Less than 650Hz/–60dB.
- AM: More than 6.0kHz/–6dB.
- (BW: 6kHz): Less than 15kHz/–60dB.
- FM: More than 12kHz/–6dB.
- (BW: 15kHz): Less than 20kHz/–60dB.
- Spurious and image rejection ratio:
- More than 70dB (HF bands).
- More than 65dB (other bands).
- (except 1/2 IF through on 50MHz, IF through on 144MHz).
- AF output power (at 13.8V DC): More than 2.0W at 10% distortion with an 8Ù load.
- EXT SP connector: 2-conductor 3.5(d) mm/8Ù.
Click here for IC-7000 specifications in PDF format (1MB)